Cricut Circle May Magazine Challenge #2- Make It Your Way

So this is my entry for the Make It Your Way contest for the Cricut Circle Magazine contest. The contest was to pick a project from the May issue of the Cricut Circle Magazine that inspired us and make it our own. I fell in love with the postage stamp shaped card on page 42 of the magazine(original card made by Cristal Hobbs~ aka Pinky), and so I decided to do my own postage stamp styled card, which let me tell you was a little bit of a challenge when you don't have the Spring Holiday Cards Cricut Cartridge, lol! I ended up using a tag from Gypsy Font as my stamp base and then welded a square from Plantin Schoolbook to one edge to make a card base. Then I cut another square(4.67" x 4.67")(I used my Gypsy so I could make sure everything would layer correctly). The scalloped border is also from Plantin Schoolbook, it's the Tall Ball feature(1.5" tall by 4.67" wide). The shoes are from Gypsy Wanderings, I placed 2 of them(at 2.11" high), welded them to how I liked them(I know, very technical there, lol), and then made the shadow to fit them exactly. Gotta love my Gypsy, it makes this easy! Then I cut one more shoe and pop dotted it up on the one that the whole shoe shows(so the front shoe?). Added some stickles, twine and a stamped sentiment, and I was done. I like it. The shoes are too cute!


 





All Supplies Used:
Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter
Gypsy(cartridges used~ Gypsy Font, Gypsy Wanderings & Plantin Schoolbook)
Chocolate Brown Cardstock(shoe shadow)- The Paper Company
All other paper- City Park Collection by American Crafts
Baker's Twine in Lemondrop, Mandarin, & Cappuccino by The Twinery
Stickles(Stardust)- Ranger Ink
Stamp"wish-shoe well"- My Pink Stamper's Pink-a-licious set
Rich Cocoa Momento Ink
Pink ATG gun & tape by Scotch
3-D Foam Squares by Therm-O-Web

Thanks for checking out what I've been up to!
Happy Craftin'!
Brit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CropChocolate.com Design Team Blog Hop

Growing in Unity Blog Hop

My Cricut Craft Room's Card & Invitation Blog Hop