So I'm back...

Hello all you wonderful followers of mine! I hope your week has been fantastic! 
After I participated in the Pink by Design 2 Year Anniversary I had to give my poor brain a break, 
I was on crafty overload and losing my mojo. I did a quick card for a challenge at CropChocolate.com because I love them and I design for them, but other than that I haven't touched my paper crafting goodies all week(well, does looking through the new Close to My Heart catalog count? It's amazing, and I love it all. If you want to check out the new pretties, click the link in my sidebar, all the new products are available as of Wednesday, August 1- that includes the new Artiste Cricut Collection). 

So instead of crafting this week, Monkey and I have just been hanging out. The county fair is in town where we live so we went to that on Tuesday. We had a blast, helicopter rides, pony rides, some games, cotton candy, and we went to the demolition derby. Monkey thought the demolition derby was the COOLEST thing ever(he's not called Captain Destructo for no reason, lol). He's informed me that he wants to do that someday(thankfully I have at least 7 years before even thinking about letting him participate, the youngest driver was 12 that night) and that he's racing in the motocross race next year. He's been riding dirt bikes for almost 3 years already(he's only 5 1/2) and he's getting pretty good so I think I'll let him do it if he really wants to next year. 

Here's some pics from our fun at the fair:
*This is the helicopter we rode on*

*Monkey on the pony ride*

*Monkey being a pumpkin at the agricultural club garden*

*The CUTEST foal I've ever seen, he's a miniature horse, only 2 months old, and so incredibly fuzzy still!*

 *This is a car that got flipped over and out of bounds during the demolition derby. Monkey thought it was awesome!*

Okay, I won't share more pics from the fair(I totally could, I took over 50 of them, lol). I will leave you with the only paper project I did all week long. The challenge at CropChocolate.com last week was to do anything we wanted. :-) This is what I came up with:

CC Products Used:
Echo Park 6 x 6 So Happy Together Paper Pad
Making Memories Celery Ribbon
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Dried Marigold

Non-CC Products Used:
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Stamps- Flights of Fancy(clear stamps)
Close to My Heart Exclusive Dye Ink in Cocoa 

Have a great weekend all! I'll be crafting a little, but we're making cookies and having a "sleepover" this weekend in the living room. We'll be eating popcorn, watching movies, playing wii, and just getting in some great Mommy & Monkey time before school starts in a few weeks. :-)

Happy Scrapping!
Brit 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CropChocolate.com Design Team Blog Hop

Growing in Unity Blog Hop

My Cricut Craft Room's Card & Invitation Blog Hop