Unity {beInspired} Challenge

So I just got the full set of Tim Holtz Distress Markers, I know, I know, they've been out for a while, but I wasn't paying full price for them and I got a killer deal on them from Blitsy.com. :-) So I did a little experimenting with them these last few days, and then yesterday finally sat down and created an actual project with them. I used a flower petal and a leaf stamp that I got in a grab bag from Unity Stamp Co, and the sentiment is from them too. I'm entering this in their {beInspired} Monthly Challenge for the Color Challenge. Here's what they gave us for a color palette: 


I used Black, Orange, Green, Purple and the barest hint of that Cream color that you can't really see in the pic, but eh. I was kind of having a blast, and I loved the colors but didn't really want to do a Halloween project. And then I went to the grocery store. Now I don't know about your grocery store but around here they all have these gorgeous bushels of mums sitting outside. They're so pretty. I need some. But anyways, the colors, amazing and they fit with the color challenge, albeit not the same shades but the colors are there. :-) 
So here's what I did with it:


See, pretty. :-) Okay so here's what I used(all coloring done with Distress Markers, remember?):
Purple flowers: Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves, and a hint of Mustard Seed in the centers.
Orange Flowers: Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade
Yellow Flowers: Antique Linen, Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw and Mustard Seed

Stamped with Tuxedo Black ink from Momento

Stickles: Stardust

All Stamps: Unity Stamp Co. 

Flower Centers: Rhinestuds from Tulip in Black.

Thanks for stopping by. I love this card. :-)

Happy Craftin'
Brittany 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CropChocolate.com Design Team Blog Hop

Growing in Unity Blog Hop

My Cricut Craft Room's Card & Invitation Blog Hop